Sunday, January 3, 2010

moms story

today, at work, my mom sat me down and told me a story of hers.

When my mom and my dad were engaged, they decided to go to a nightclub, along with some of my mom's friends. My dad didn't know how to dance at all, but my mom was okay with that. She and her girlfriends went on the dancefloor and dance. Then, some guy, kinda big kinda handsome, asked my mom to dance when a certain song came on. My mom respectfully declined, saying she had a fiance. He asked, if he aint dancing, then he wouldnt mind just one dance. My mom once again declined. However, this guy, drunk, kept at it. My moms girlfriends got worried. My mom kept declining, and started to get ticked off. This guy all of a sudden grabs her and tries to kiss her. My mom immediately pushed him away, and even though she was so short comparatively, reached up high and slapped his face. Before the guy had time to respond, my dad came out of nowhere, and grabbed this guys shirt, slammed him into the wall, and threw one punch at his face. He fainted.

My dad was part of a special recon team at the Korean demilitarized zone, and specialized in silent death techniques. He just got out. It was a bad time to fuck with him.

Soon after, my dad went to America to establish a home. He got his greencard, and sent a letter to my mom. Then he came to Korea three days before the wedding, and four days after they married, he went back to America.

They were seperated for 2 and a half years.

In that time my mom was by herself, right after her marriage, many guys chased after her. I've seen pictures of my mom when she was younger. I have to honestly say, she was one pretty girl.

These guys kept asking her, since her husband was away, just asked for one night...

My mom always declined, and when sometimes these guys got desperate and started getting grabby, my mom said her signature technique was to drive her 3 inch heels into their calf bone. Needless to say, they stopped being grabby.

Then, my dad finally called for my mom, and she went to America to meet my dad once again. A year later, I was born.

I listened to this story, and my heart became wistful. Like i said before, I would be extremely lucky to find a woman like my mother. So strong, so willed, so loyal. the two and a half year seperation would be hard on anyone, but they made it through. Mom, you told me to wait and that Ill find a woman like that. But trust me, I might never be that lucky. You are one of a kind.

All I can be sure of, is that at least...I think that I'll be strong enough. To stay faithful. I know it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment